[thelist] On line Newspapers

William Anderson wpanderson at wsatkins.co.uk
Fri Jul 28 03:45:28 CDT 2000

yeh, ditto for me - my usual suspects are Slashdot, Wired News and Yahoo! UK
News (which links into Ananova, BBC News, Reuters, This Is London, and even
the Scottish Daily Record!).  I take a nosey at CNN and MSNBC every so often
for a US slant.

the thing is, only 1000 people were polled - how can that be a
representative cross-section of _every_ net.user in the UK?  And anyway, the
article states that eight out of ten of us would never use news from the net
as our _primary_ source of news - it doesn't say that they'd _never_ use it?
Lies, damn lies and Wired News' interpretation of old-style polled-average
statistics?

sorry tho, (r) leaves me cold - I don't trust many of their "news" stories
most of the time ;)

--
William Anderson, WS Atkins IT Scotland, Glasgow
E-mail: wpanderson at wsatkins.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)141 332 7030 x2216 - Fax: +44 (0)141 331 2481