[thelist] partitioning question

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Fri Jul 28 11:00:37 CDT 2000

Sorry I've been lurking for a while, but I just started a new job.
Anyway, this is for all the Linuxphiles out there:

I have a partitioning question,

My current partition table looks like this:

hda1 - Fat32
hda2 - ext2
hda3 - extended
        hda5 - Swap
        hda6 - Fat32

pretty much I have a Win98(c:) partition, A Linux partition, a swap
partition, then another Win98 partition(d:).  I want to wipe out the 2nd
Win partition, move my swap partition to the end of the HD and add the
extra space to my ext2 partition.  I can do this easily with Partition
Magic, but I want to know if it will F up anything when I boot back to
Linux.  I don't think so since my ext2 will still be hda2 and my swap
will still be hda5.  Just curious.......

TIA

Jeremy

Jeremy Ashcraft
ashcraft at 13monkeys.com