[thelist] Salvaging Linux Hard Drive(was: partitioning questi on)

Jonathan Lim jonathan.lim at netdecisions.co.uk
Fri Jul 28 12:30:05 CDT 2000

You'd have to reconfig your kernel for your new hardware.

Would suggest wiping the drive and doing a fresh install. Most distributions
these days will pickup your hardware, unless not supported or truly bizzare.

You would have to modify the MBR on your primary boot drive to point to your
new Linux drive(LILO). Depending on what you have on your PC you may have to
fight NT for that bit. There was a nice util to deal with that though (see
winNT related HOWTOs).

HTH

Regards,
Jon