[thelist] Netscape 6 download

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Sun Jul 30 23:58:43 CDT 2000

So I have a Mac & an unstable 33.6 connection.  I want to download
Nestcape 6 preview and have tried twice and have failed.

I have Monica.  She could help.

But I can't figure out how to make her work with the
Netscape/Download/Installer thing.

Can anyone help?

Erika

<tip type="tiled backgrounds" author="erika">

Do you love tiled backgrounds as much as I do?
-- probably not.

nevertheless...

1. to make a fine-textured tiling background....
like horizontal lines or ascii patterns:

- in PhotoShop 5.5 create the shape you want to use in the pattern
- select the repeating area with the rectangular marquee
- go to "edit" and then to "define pattern"
- start a new layer.  increase canvas size if necessary
- select all
- go to "edit" and to "fill"  (with "pattern")
_ the pattern fills the canvas

If it looks like it will tile okay, export & test it.

Do not make your tiling background images too tiny, or they might
have problems rendering.  50-100 px wide/tall is a reasonable size.

</tip>

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com