[thelist] Close pop-up window and refresh parent page

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Jul 31 15:17:28 CDT 2000

At 12:53 PM 7/31/2000, you wrote:
>Dear evolters
>I think there's a thread on this from many moons ago, but I haven't been
>able to find it. I have a pop-up window that's generated using <a
>href="#" onclick="window.open(...)>. Now, after processing the form in
>the pop-up window, I'd like to close the window and refresh the parent
>page. Is there a simple way of doing that? Feel free to use CF as well.
>
>Thanks a bunch, in advance.

Send the following HTML and Javascript code back to the popup window after
you ahve done your thing to the form data.

<head>
<title>Closing PopUp Window</title>
<script>
     opener.focus();