[thelist] JavaScript - form.submit()

Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com
Tue Aug 1 11:13:35 CDT 2000

Thanks, Jeff!  That seemed to work.

The method I was using (doing a form.submit() in the Javascript, but putting a
"return false;" in the onSubmit) was what I was taught in a JavaScript class
about a year ago.

Aside from the fact that it didn't work this time (but has worked all the other
times I've used it), what is wrong with using submit()?  From a browser issue,
we're on an intranet, and we only support IE4+ and our network is set up so that
users can't disable scripting, so we don't have to worry about compatibility
problems.

If I didn't like the way the ugly grey buttons look and wanted to use an image
as a submit button, wouldn't I have use the submit() function? (I generally
stick with the ugly buttons, so that situation hasn't come up with me yet)

Scott

<snip>
you shouldn't be using the submit() method at all.

<snip>