[thelist] re-purposing website graphics

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 14:56:15 CDT 2000

> From: "Bob Haroche" <bharoche at usa.net>
>
> Actually, in the US it's the other way around.  Absent an agreement to
> the contrary, the artist retains the copyright to her work.
>
> >... you can argue this, but i wouldn't...
>
> >From a business standpoint, that might be good advice.

that was actually my stance... it's not worth bickering with a client
when they feel they paid you to create artwork that you intend to
charge them for over and over... i've seen this happen and have
helped a few clients actually retrieve the copyrights to their own
*logos* of all things...

so, what you say is true, i just pretend it's the other way, because
it just breeds hostility (or something else, but definitely not rabbits)
if you aren't careful...