[thelist] Is this readable on Macs?

Niklaus Haldimann n.haldimann at derbund.ch
Wed Aug 2 09:39:59 CDT 2000

At 08:54 02.08.00 -0500, you wrote:
>>I would appreciate it a lot, if some of the Mac afficionados out there
>>could quickly check this preview version of a site:
>>http://bernerkino.ch/ewahlen .
>
>in IE 5.0 on my mac, the text in the right column is unreadable.  70%
>is way too small.  i've only messed around with % when declaring font
>sizes (i still points and pixels), but in my experiences, i've found
>that you shouldn't make them any smaller than 80% or so.

well then, i'll have to overhaul the stylesheet. grumble, grumble ...

>i remember reading a formula to use when declaring your font sizes as
>%, but i can't remember it.  something like using multiples of 1.2,
>or something like that.  i can try to find it if you'd like.

that would be great. i stopped using points because they caused me so much
trouble (not resizable in IE, unreadable on Macs) and gave the percentages
a try. but they aren't that easy neither. *sigh*

Thanks anyway.

Niklaus.

--
http://ebund.ch http://egames.ch