[thelist] a followup to the process/architecture diagramming thread

Jason Fields jason at v1c.net
Wed Aug 2 10:18:32 CDT 2000

For those of you following this thread...

I have compiled a brief summary of all the emails as well
as a shortlist of the books that I dug up shedding some
major light on visual design surrounding process/architecture
diagrams...

*As I am pretty aware of Visio2000 and TopDown I guess I was looking
more for visual design examples (ie. URLs) from the list rather than what
software to use... and what I got was a great deal more surprising (in a
good way....)

A number of you really got into this thread and wrote some interesting
anecdotes about how you approach this problem... I am very happy that
there are more people out there like me...

See the following list (below)... I was actually able to get my hands on the
first two on the list... the second of which is Out of Print... did some
scans of the most interesting (to me at least) on the visual design side...
some of them are pretty esoteric... but def. useful and inspirational...

> The Best Informational Diagrams (Diagram Graphics, Vol 3)
> $63.96, Hardcover (February 2000)
> P I E Books, ISBN: 4894441209

> Graphis diagrams : the graphic visualization of abstract data (4th Edition)
> by HERDEG, Walter
> Parallel text in English, German and French.
> Out of Print, Hardcover - 207 pages (1981)
> Zurich/Graphis Press, ISBN: 3857094109

> Graphis Diagrams 2
> by B. Martin Pedersen
> $48.96, Hardcover - 224 pages (April 1997)
> Watson-Guptill Pubns, ISBN: 1888001135

Please feel free to email me off-list if you are interested in having more
discussions in regards to process/architecture... and/or if you might want
to see some of my diagram scans...

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Best regards,
Jason Fields.