[thelist] Angora socks comment on DJC article

Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com
Wed Aug 2 13:07:49 CDT 2000

> don't think(just my opinion here) it belongs. The last thing we need on
> evolt is a natalie portman thread...

I guess as long as they include a <tip> in their article, it's ok? :)

> > claims that all posts are the property of evolt.org and evolt.org reserves
the
> > right to use all submissions to thesite in any way they see fit?  Wouldn't
that
> > be ironic, considering how evolt got its start.

> well, that just won't happen. If you want more details/re-assurance, let
> me know and I'll give you a 5 page email on why :)

Oh, I'm pretty certain it won't happen as well.  I'd just hate to see us start
down a slippery slope without a very good reason. Once you start censoring
somewhat questionable posts, it gets easier and easier to censor them. So, I'd
rather see us censor/delete the really blatant ones first.

> I thought it should stay as well, but I'm not the decision maker here(no
> matter what some may think). Everyone here is, and thats who makes the
> final decision.. This is getting into those muddy waters of whats
> right/wrong, good/evil, "i cant believe its not butter"/margarine etc..
> So if anyone has thoughts or input on this, share it :)

Definitely butter.

Scott

Well, I probably owe, so . .  .

<tip author="Scott Brady" type="Cold Fusion">
     When accessing CF variables within CF tags ( < cfif>, < cfset>, etc. ),
generally, you do not need pound signs (#) around the variable name. In fact,
     performance is usually better without them if they're not needed.

     The usual exception to that is when setting tag attributes which are string
values, you usually need the # signs.

     Example #1:

          <cfif attributes.dogName IS "Rover">  -->  Good

          <cfif #attributes.dogName IS "Rover">  -->  Not so good.

     Example #2:

          <cfset dogName = "Rover">

          <cfswitch expression = "#dogName#">  [ note the pound signs ]
               <cfcase value="Rover">
               </cfcase>
          </cfswitch>

</tip>