[thelist] CuteFTP exonerated

Jack Schonchin schonchin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 16:16:14 CDT 2000

  Regarding earlier comments on this list about
CuteFTP containing the Aureate spyware.... Globalscape
says version 4.0 of the software does not contain
Aureate (apparently used for some sort of advertising
banners). 3.x owners can download a free upgrade from
www.cuteftp.com.

 I suppose we should start reading those licensing
agreements that come up during installation..

  The OptOut web site also notes that CuteFTP is the
only known application that prompts the user about
this during installation.

http://grc.com/oo/aureate.htm