[Fwd: Re[2]: [thelist] IIS STMP server problems]

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Thu Aug 3 10:08:42 CDT 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re[2]: [thelist] IIS STMP server problems
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:52:51 -0500
From: Christopher Ditty <CDitty at email.usps.gov>
To: thelist-admin <thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org>

     Does it matter what the fully qualified domain name is?  Also, if a
     script on this box uses the smtp on the same box, will localhost
work
     for the smtp info?

     thanks.  Testing relay now.

     CDitty

_________________________________
Subject: Re: [thelist] IIS STMP server problems
Author:  thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org at INTERNET
Date:    8/2/00 5:30 PM

At 02:33 PM 8/2/2000, you wrote:

>      Anyone out there experienced enough to help someone configure the IIS4
>      SMTP server?  I have it running and (I thought configured), but I
>      can't get it to send any mail.  The log file only says this.

Did you give yourself relay rights? If you close relay to everyone, you
need to give the IP(s) that are on your machine access to the SMTP
server.

----
Anthony Baratta
President