[thelist] MSIE 4.5 (Mac) oddity

James Spahr james at designframe.com
Thu Aug 3 10:19:46 CDT 2000

We're wrapping up a site here and I loaded up on a co-workers iMac. He has
IE 4.5. The CSS was completely screwy. Its fine on my Mac (but I have IE 5.0
on there as well - and I'm thinking 4.5 is using some of 5.0 libraries...)

I then installed 5.o on his machine so he can get work done.

okay, so I panic - and boot up an older machine that does not have and
browser on it and do a fresh install of 4.5 - and the site works fine.

Has anyone seen odd display behavior between installations of IE 4.5? I
thinking I can chalk this up to quirkiness in this one iMac.

Thoughts?

James.