[thelist] International Browser Norms

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Wed Aug 9 14:21:54 CDT 2000

> I'm looking to gather some info on browser standards outside
> of the US.  Is it reasonably safe to shoot for 4.0 standards
> using Netscape and IE, or should I be looking to comply with
> 3.0 browsers.

Michael
            If I may be able to stroke the ego of one of our fellow
evoltians for a moment, I seem to remember a similar thread a while ago and
aardvark said that he coded to the HTML 2 spec and then added all the bells
& whistles like mouse overs for browsers that can handle it (that was the
general gist of it). This struck me as one of the best pieces of advice I
have ever read on the List. I use 1st Page 2000 for my coding & if you click
the "Lib" tag on the side toolbar it gives you the option to see all the
tags for HTML 2, 3.2 & 4 as well as Netscape 1-4, I.E. 2 and 3, Cold Fusion,
and Web TV. All in all a very useful package. If memory serves it is
available free from http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage