[thelist] Re: the Aquent salary guides

Dreamscape Design, Inc. drifterlee at iavbbs.com
Wed Aug 9 17:56:51 CDT 2000

Hi all:

I am so relieved to hear that US salaries are higher. Most of the post to
the web design lists are from the UK and seemed really low compared to what
I was hearing here in Michigan, US. Around here, entry level web designers
start at around $50,000 a year at least and it goes up. I live north of
Detroit, and the pay is best in the Detroit area. When I started out, I was
told to charge $50 an hour and that is considered low by my experienced
friends, even though I am a newbie. I do all my own graphics illustrations
and photography - the entire ball of wax - myself, but my layout skills are
not up to par yet and I am working on that with a buddy. Nevertheless, you
are right about the US. Even mediocre designers can get big bucks.
Sherrie Grady
sherrie at dreamscapeinteractive.com