[thelist] Compaq thin client devices

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 11:04:42 CDT 2000

Mr. Burns [martinb at anytimenow.com] asked:

When I was looking for a PDA, I looked at the Aero range from Compaq.

The only thing that put me off was their physical size - it would have to go
in a briefcase rather than a pocket - and hence I bought a Palm V.

I understand that WinCE - good name that - was to be upgraded/rebranded as
Pocket Windows but their web site shows it as WinCe 3.0.

The pre-release shots showed a special zooming browser, IIRC.

Now, call me old-fashioned, but if I want to browse the web I'll use a
laptop or desktop with a faster connection than 9600bps and a bigger
screen...

Hope this helps.

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"