[thelist] Liquidity

Jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sun Aug 13 00:24:57 CDT 2000

<ol>,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Oliver Lineham <oliver at lineham.co.nz>
:
: that certainly makes the analogy accurate, but my point
: is more to do with how useful each definition is.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as does mine.  *grin*

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: if a site is set to 80% and centered, i don't consider it in
: any way inferior to a site which we both agree is "liquid".
: the design is in the spirit of cross-browser/platform
: compatibility.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i wouldn't consider a site that's 80% and centered to be in anyway inferior
to a liquid site either.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: however, i do consider a fixed-but-centered page to be
: inferior to a liquid design.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes, and that would an ice layout, except it's thawed alittle so it floats
around the container on it's own viscus layer.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: while a fixed-width left-aligned page is (in most cases)
: worse still.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

agreed.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: that's why i consider my interpretation of the term
: "jello" as more useful, even if it doesn't strictly
: analogise (woah, talk about inventing words!)

i see jello as a good thing, in essence just another kind of liquid.  ice,
on the other hand, floating around centered or slammed against one side or
the other just sucks all the way around.

just my 2¢,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development