[thelist] my own server, or not?

Norman Beresford n.d.b at innocent.com
Sun Aug 13 15:28:23 CDT 2000

Hi John and Peter

We're also in a similar position to you.  At the moment we're using
NTwebhost for our hosting, and to be honest we need something a bit more.
Of course our major problems are similar to John's,  we can't afford too
much more and we're also lacking in server admin skills. If people are
thinking of starting up some sort of collective, which should allow us to
address these issues, then we would be very interested in hearing more.

There was a posting on some UK newsgroups recently about a group looking to
start up a server collective http://www.londo.freeuk.com/crosswired .
Although they were going to allow people to host online game servers on it
which didn't appeal to us.  However they had found some very cheap bandwidth
and rack space. http://www.caladan.co.uk/

Norman

btw - does anyone know if there are any UK specific webdesign/production
mailing lists?