[thelist] page tag similar to frame tag?

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Mon Aug 14 15:35:15 CDT 2000

Martha Hesselein wrote:
> I'm doing the right thing--removing the frames from a site and using SSI
for
> navigation.  But, I'm hungering to have an effect similar to
> frameborder=0/frameborder=no.  The frames put the navigation up snug
against
> the top of the browser window, but the regular page doesn't. Is my only
> answer CSS positioning?

	It's your best option if standards-compliance is important to you,
but it's not your only option.

* Standards-compliant approach, using CSS:
    body {margin: 0px ;}

* Non-standards-compliant approach:

	marginwidth and marginheight apply to Netscape; topmargin and
leftmargin apply to IE. As well, IE also supports rightmargin and
bottommargin if you feel moved to use them.

hth
James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com