[thelist] Lend me your ears or What language is better??

Christopher Ditty CDitty at email.usps.gov
Tue Aug 15 13:06:45 CDT 2000

My fellow Evoltains, lend me your ears and share your knowledge with me.  I am
looking to have someone design/create an online game for me for one of my
personal sites.  The question I have is this.  What language should I have it
done in? Php/MySQL, Perl, or Java?  What would be the benifits of one over the
other?

I actually had this same game created before, but the first programmer was
obviously inexperienced and we had to eventually fire him.  We hired another
programmer to finish the first programmer's work, but now the code is so bulkly(
and I'm afraid it won't hold up to the hits.)

I am looking for something that will be able to handle all the hits that I can
throw at it.

This will be in a *nix enviroment if that helps.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks