[thelist] Amazon redesign (those darn tabs)

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Aug 16 11:42:13 CDT 2000

Seems like apple.com recently redesigned with tabs... I've never
thought much about whether I like them or not... I have thought about
Amazon though... I'd say that Amazon's problem isn't so much their
web site design, but their business concept-- and lack thereof.

I heard a feature piece on them recently on some public radio show...
do you know that if they had stuck to selling books & CD's, they'd be
turning a profit?

Something to think about... if God were a web designer, and she had
to catagorize everything in heaven and on earth on her web site--what
navigation scheme would she use?  Would she use tabs?