[thelist] Virtual PC

Zoe.Oughton at chi.nhs.uk Zoe.Oughton at chi.nhs.uk
Fri Aug 18 06:26:42 CDT 2000

Hi Listees

I am hoping for a bit of advice here!

I have just started a new job and I have to choose a computer, etc.  Now,
everyone else uses PCs within the organisation, but I want to use a Mac to
develop the web site. I am used to the Mac, and much prefer it.

I shall be working mainly from home, travelling to London probably once a
week, and I am looking at the G3 Power Books.  What I want to ask everyone
is has anyone got experience of using Virtual PC on a Mac?  Is it really
like using a PC?  Font sizes aswell?  Will the Mac then be able to  connect
to a  PC network?  Will I be able to run Lotus Notes?  Will checking a web
site using Virtual PC on a Mac be like checking a web site on a PC?

Any other advice that anyone has regarding working from home, working using
a Power Book (I intend to get a seperate monitor, keyboard and mouse for
when working at home - only using the PB alone when travelling), and
working on a Mac when everyone else is on PCs would be gratefully received.

TIA

Zoë