[thelist] More perl(s)

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Mon Aug 21 03:03:24 CDT 2000

It will have a tiny nominal effect on compilation speed, but a much greater
effect on "ease of programming"! Rather than a hit on the server, each print
statement is a slight hit on the compiler, but the differens between the two
should make no discernable difference to program execution speed except in
extreme circumstances.

Use print <<EOF; as a way of being able to create larger chunks of print
output at a time, without having to worry about loads of print statements-.
It makes life easier for you - but remember that as always in perl - there's
more than one way to do it! It's a style a preference question :-)

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org