[thelist] open source development network

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Mon Aug 21 21:24:47 CDT 2000

> > Just wondered what people might think, or if you had opinions
> > or if that
> > would be a bad idea or what :)

incidentally, this is not being discussed at all on the admin list (which is
currently preoccupied with discussion about weddings (3 or so admins are
planning weddings) and bitching about clients :p).

i think it is a very telling sign that dan is able to ask the community as a
whole for thoughts, rather than restrict all decisions to admin. and also get
quality responses, considering all aspects, in return.

another (cf) list i am on never ceases to amaze me with the lack of
professionalism and community values. i laugh everytime one member threatens
another with legal action over statements made, or one asks for another to be
banned because he complained about someone referring to him as Lastname
Firstname, instead of Firstname Lastname. i'm not joking...

i think that evolt has become what we (founding members) had hoped it would
become, and i am proud (awwww...) everytime a non-admin submits a great article,
or a non-admin reminds people to trim their posts, not post attachments, change
subject lines, etc (all the picky things that help to keep evolt lean and
kickarse).

we're kinda like a startup that did things correctly. we didn't rush. we didn't
blow insane amounts of money. we didn't waste time going public. yet, we're more
profitable than we could've imagined, and there's almost no money involved...

isaac