[thelist] open source development network

deboute benjamin deboute at nerdsoul.com
Tue Aug 22 11:22:29 CDT 2000

> > post, those that I do read create just a little bit more velcro in my
> > brain, giving future technical information a place to stick instead of
> > just floating in one ear and out the other.

about a year ago, back to those times when i haven fallen into the social decrepitude of the lonely webdev running amok against code on the dim-lighted monitor screen, i subscribed to Evolt.

it was when i was starting to understand a little Javascript [ DUM-DUM DOM ], i had just 'set up a linux server' [ running a auto-install of the mandrake and read man pages ], configured some perl and php scripts packages, started a hack crusade against browsers to tweak it my way under them.

I first understood nothing.
not a single word.

But i kept reading.

The semantics of the different languages, of sys administration, are quite all the same.
Once you know a language, you almost only need to learn its particuliar syntax to make your way through a script.
So, after a moment of lurkin', after reading tutorials on some of sites, the magic of Evolt shall down to ye lonely webdev.

The best point is that we're all good-karma, ethical, medium-perplex, polyvalent coders.
I better listen to djc or jeff [ .................................... ] than to (? oh my god i don't know any shitty tutorial maker... ) some "*'guru'*" from internet.com.

I regulary tell people how good thelist is, how good everyone's karma is, i enjoy some OT or IT threads...

i heart Evolt.

deboute benjamin