[thelist] Cookie Ads and Tracking

Peter Hammar peter at hammar.ch
Tue Aug 22 15:31:40 CDT 2000

>I'd be extremely interested in reading this.. I've experimented with the
>idea, but haven't been able to set up a kind of "catch-all" for domains..
>I've only been able to do it on a server-by-server basis.

Hi,

a great adblocker is available on http://www.junkbusters.com/ht/en/ijb.html

from the faq:
"It blocks requests for URLs (typically banner ads) that match its
blockfile. It also deletes unauthorized cookies and other unwanted
identifying header information that is exchanged between web servers and
browsers."

Takes some time to install, but that's a small price to pay for peace.

Peter Hammar
webdesigner from Geneva, Switzerland