[thelist] ASP question

Mike King _redroom_ at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 07:19:57 CDT 2000

It's setup through the virtual server setup screens (either via web or the MMC)

<tip type="iis custom errors" author="Mike King">
when you set up a custom error page within and IIS Virtual server.
Point the errors at a URL, instead of an actual file.
e.g.

http://mysite.com/Errors/index.asp
NOT
c:\SiteFolder\ThisSite\Errors\index.asp

Because, then IIS will pass the error number and the offending page to your error page
e.g.
try to go to http://mysite.com/NoPage.html
Error goes to:
http://mysite.com/Errors/index.asp?404;http://mysite/NoPage.html

Then with a little coding you can tell the user nicely where they've gone wrong.
</tip>

--- cayley vos <cvos at yahoo.com> wrote: > I know how to write an .htaccess file to cause a

=====
http://www.wombles.com