[thelist] Text size

Zoe.Oughton at chi.nhs.uk Zoe.Oughton at chi.nhs.uk
Wed Aug 23 07:54:47 CDT 2000

Hello all

I am after opinion here about setting font sizes in CSS where the user does
not loose the ability to change the font size if they wish.  I need our web
site to be accessible to the poor sighted who may need to enlarge the font
sizes.  Is percentage the best to use in this case? Or does using either px
or pt give the user the ability to increase font size.

I'm also sure that this would be useful for those designers who build sites
on a PC and only check them on a PC.  I use mainly a Mac, and the number of
(top) sites I visit where, not only is the text too small to read in the
first place, but I am also unable to change the font size at my desire to
make the text readable.

Zoë Oughton

the views of the Commission for Health Improvement.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.

Please check for viruses before accessing attachments.
Although we endeavour to keep files clean we can take
no responsibility for any damage caused by contagion.