[thelist] CSS for tables..

kevin raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 23 13:34:25 CDT 2000

You can use CSS for tables but there is a catch.
The catch is that the NN 4.0 browsers have difficulty and "will" make a mess
of what you wish to do.
The work around for CSS is to use
Table, Td, Tr, Th, {..} To apply a style for the entire table.

There are several really good places that I frequent for information.
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.sylesheets
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/  If you can't seem to get a style to
work then stop here first before asking so that you can confirm the syntax
of your style that way you know for sure what  you have works. Also does a
nice job of formatting the output.
http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/browser_support/propertyXpropert
y.html
Gives a listing for all attrubutes that are compatible for IE NN both PC and
Mac
http://css.nu/pointers/bugs.html
All around great place for tips, workarounds, ideas' etc...

krr