[thelist] Sizing pop-up windows

Jeff jeff at c4webdesign.com
Wed Aug 23 23:56:29 CDT 2000

aardvark,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: aardvark <roselli at earthlink.net>
:
: wow... i don't think i could have been any more
: thorough with a week's research time...
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not bad for about 30 minute's of playing around, eh?

i also thought i was pretty restrained considering it's so f*cking hot sweat
is pouring off my forehead (and it's like quarter to 10pm, ugh).

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: at what point is 100% of the height or width so
: much that your design is way too small... or so
: little that your design doesn't fit?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another point i thought of but didn't mention

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: and jeff, why not add your commentary to my article
: as a comment so that people are aware of the
: caveats to my methodology for capturing that data...
: your comments are too useful to keep just here...
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

first, which article?  1 or 2?

second, none of the methods used to open a window to 100% of the available
height of the screen (screen.availHeight) were used in your articles.  i
know what i posted here is useful info and it's loosely related to your
articles, but i'm not exactly sure what the tie-in is beyond the fact that
we're both talking about resolutions.

give me some hints or direction and i'll see what i can do though.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development