[thelist] re:css - margin-right property

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Thu Aug 24 01:41:39 CDT 2000

>  > does a CSS linked style sheet not overide any html?
>
>hi lisa
>
>um, i think the answer is "maybe" -- it depends on the individual
>circumstances, the particular tags in question

This is probably true, but I've found that, at least with current
browsers, when the browser can do the CSS, the CSS overrides the
HTML.

For example, sometimes I have CSS declarations for light text over a
dark table cell background (as in the nav menus for seastorm.com).
Well, even though it looks like crap, I still want it usable in
non-CSS browsers.  So while I have a CSS declaration for dark
background, light links, in the HTML I have a light background and
default (dark) links.  CSS browsers see the CSS.  Non CSS browsers
see the HTML.

Netscape seems to have trouble with CSS padding and margins.  I'd use
both CSS & HTML.

Erika