[thelist] RE: HTML test (tip): The other side.

Zoe.Oughton at chi.nhs.uk Zoe.Oughton at chi.nhs.uk
Fri Aug 25 05:36:44 CDT 2000

Hi Erika

> This is probably one reason I'm a problem.  I'm really really old.
> I'm over 30.

Blimy, what does that make me then!! Cos I'm older than you, and I have
just got a new job in web design. The only test I had at my interview was
one of these personality test things! (and this is the UK, not the US).
They looked at the URLs I had provided and they were obviously happy with
them.

I don't think that age will necessarily go against you, some places look
for the more 'mature', rather than the 'wippersnapper'.  Life experience
can be quite a good attribute!!

Don't give up. It is obvious you have some very good skills - I for one
always check your messages on the list because I can usually learn
something new from you.  And I have been in this game for a few years!!

> There are a variety of reasons I'm not actively seeking independent
> freelance work right now, but ultimately, yeah, I'd rather be running
> the show than playing a bit part."

Yes, it can be difficult to suddenly become an independent freelancer,
which is why I am not - I rely too much on my regular income.

Zoë Oughton

the views of the Commission for Health Improvement.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.

Please check for viruses before accessing attachments.
Although we endeavour to keep files clean we can take
no responsibility for any damage caused by contagion.