[thelist] cf vs asp

Czechowski, Aaron aczechowski at towson.edu
Fri Aug 25 14:30:23 CDT 2000

	thanks to all for your insight and comments!  Seth, the link to
swynk.com was great!  anyone know of other cf vs asp comparisons?
	the specific battle that is ensuing here is between web designers
(not developers, but designers) and their manager who have a strong HTML
background that quickly purchased and setup a CF production server and
started implementing intranet CF apps; and the hard-core in-house developers
& NT LAN guys who live & breath VB.  This battle is actually very similar to
PC vs Mac battles I've seen waged time and time again.
	I've done some ASP and thought it was alright, but found I first had
to learn VBScript, which isn't that difficult; and just recently picked up
CF (at the suggestion of the manager of web development, which enraged the
VB guys) which I find especially easy with my solid HTML background.

hm...  stuck in the middle again....

thanks

Aaron  :)