[thelist] Automatically generated PDF proof on the web

Warren Wight warren at wordsandpictures.com
Sun Aug 27 14:26:47 CDT 2000

I have a client who wants to sell printing to his existing customers online.
What he is asking from me, is a means to have the customer go online, choose
a brochure template, enter their custom information into text fields in a
form, and then submit their information.

Easy so far....but he then wants to dynamically generate a pdf proof for the
customer to view and approve online. So I need to figure out how to take the
information the customer inputs, insert this information into the brochure
they chose, with formatted text, etc., have the pdf file produced and loaded
into a browser, for the customer to proof and ok.

Can this be done? There is something similar at
http://www.yourdigitalprinter.com (the E-Print Demo).

Actually since I have very little programming knowledge I will probably be
hiring some freelance code gurus to help with this project. I just have to
get a bid together for Monday (aaauuuggghhh) morning, so I am trying to get
a handle on what's involved.

Thanks in advance,
warren "working on Sunday again" wight
wordsandpictures.com