[thelist] member pages (was: Win 2K list?)

Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca
Mon Aug 28 10:28:49 CDT 2000

> I wonder if it might not be a good idea to add a skills section
> in the members area where folks can post their skills and if
> they'd be willing to give basic help??

hi ron

yes, this was anticipated and will be available with the next release of
the evolt.org site

you can list any number of skills, and rate yourself on each

you can list many different types of attributes -- photos, web site urls,
email addresses, snailmail addresses, phone numbers, et cetera

you can tag each attribute with a privacy code that lets you determine who
gets to see that attribute -- anybody (public), other evolt members only,
or evolt admins only

you can sequence the attributes to list them in the order you wish

the types of attributes you can use are limited only by your imagination,
although there are only a few different columns that you can associate
with each attribute -- e.g. you can put a comment on each attribute

as for when we expect to be able to launch the new site, i really cannot
predict, since we are all volunteers with full and healthy lives outside
of evolt

;o)

rudy
r937.com