[thelist] accessibility finding: another victory for the visually impaired

Patricia Meeks pmeeks at email.msn.com
Mon Aug 28 10:57:42 CDT 2000

Out of curiosity, I went to the site (very nice looking) and I think it will
cost that much because it takes so long to wade through the meta tags to
find the graphics. Looks like they have taken every noun in the site and
used it their meta tags.

I looked at a few pages and the photos I saw had alt tags, so, can someone
clue me in as to what's deficient in those alt tags? I'd be interested to
know in what way it wasn't accessible...audible CSS sheet?

Regards, Pat
pmeeks at msn.com

> modifications would cost only between $30,000 and $40,000 to implement. It
goes
> without saying that changes would have cost $0 if IBM had correctly used
ALT