[thelist] Help w/ moving domain

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Mon Aug 28 16:15:45 CDT 2000

Hi Donna,
AFAIK, it really doesn't matter if the tech contact is correct or not; the
domain will still route as long as the name servers are correct.  However, I
know that some hosts are very particular about being listed as tech contact
because they do want control over the domains on their servers, and
rightfully so.  The old host's line about "that would be the only way
someone
could tell who the Registrar was" is poopy-caca, near as I can tell.  I
suspect it's an excuse because someone is too lazy to get off their butt and
submit the correction.

If you are listed as a contact, then you can correct this matter yourself.
It would help if we had the whois info to see what your options are.  But
for now, as long as the name servers are correct and propagated through the
system, then the domain should work no matter who is listed as tech contact.

Hope dis heps,
Meredith