[thelist] Photoshop 6 screen caps

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Aug 28 18:16:45 CDT 2000

Paul Bradforth wrote on 29/8/00 12:04 am

>I don't think your customers missed much, Martin. Compared to Fireworks,
>ImageReady was always dead in the water. Slow as treacle, even on a fast
>machine. You can't even get a block of text formatted as a block, with
>word wrap. Mind you, that applies to Photoshop too. Fixed in v6.0
>though, from what I hear...

I've used both - IR was *way* more intuitive to use (and as the one
writing the training, this mattered), and the price was fairly important.
This was for Intranet authors, and people exporting graphs from
Excel for an Economics site.

The other thing that pissed me off is that I'd worked for 6 months getting
it through the clients tech strat and LOB signoff for Adobe to pull the
plug. Their justification was that 'everyone with IR has PS', without
doing the research asking why. Sure I had both. I had PS 1st and realised
very fast that it was crap at saving GIFs and JPEGs. I don't think I've
really touched it since except for some detailed masking in photo
touchups.

Never had a speed issue with it btw, on Macs or NT PCs.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at members.evolt.org              PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
  tel: +44 (0)778 068 6418                snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
 http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=9&uid=32            Edinburgh, Scotland