[thelist] Help w/ moving domain

Luther, Ron RLuth at telxon.com
Tue Aug 29 09:32:43 CDT 2000

Hi Donna,

<snip>Life can get more complicated since the dns de-regulation .... </snip>

+1!!

I moved my first domain last week ... I never did figure out how to reset
the "technical contact" information.

My new host is registered through Internic and says to use their technical
contact reference which apparently looks something like "BR-549"  ... which
is evidently the record id to identify their information in the Internic
database.

My registrar, (Joker), works through CORE ... and they tell me it's no sweat
to change the "technical contact" information ... just input the new
reference number ... which looks something like "PA-6-5000" in their
database.  [Needless to say, entering "BR-549" causes a 'not found' error.]

In my frenzied haste, I didn't see any simple ... "click here to search
through our database to see the values behind these obscure id-handles" link
.... on either registrar .... So I couldn't copy them down to paper and then
re-enter them ....

... so I didn't change it.

<tip> Never try to answer a "but what do I need on my new PC" question
without your morning "-eine".</tip>

Ron L