[thelist] Access db for discussion forum

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Tue Aug 29 15:42:15 CDT 2000

Quick question,

A customer wants a web-based discussion forum (closed off to all but their
hundred or so customers).  Unfortunately the only database I can use on the
server is Access (any version).

I know this is less than desirable. But is there any really outstanding
reasons why this is a super bad idea?

Perhaps I should store the forum messages in a separate mdb in case Access
decides to shit its pants and corrupt the database? (database is used for
other stuff not just this forum).   Or would this just be making
unnecessary trouble for me when I try to marry the data at run-time?

The scripting is ColdFusion not that it should make a difference.

Ta muchly,

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz