[thelist] Validating Forms with Javascript Disabled

Gregory.John.Toland at census.gov Gregory.John.Toland at census.gov
Wed Aug 30 17:05:25 CDT 2000

What is the best method to validating form entries with Javascript disabled?  I
assume I  include the code (that would normally have executed on the client
side) in the program defined by the ACTION attribute.  If there is an error in
the entry (i.e. form field is blank) how do I redirect the user back to the page
containing the form, but without resetting all the fields to blank (i.e. any
fields with entries retain their values)?  Any advice or web sites with
examples?  Thanks so much for any help you could give.

Greg