[thelist] HTML validators(off topic)

Kevin B. O'Brien ahuka at ahuka.com
Fri Sep 1 10:02:16 CDT 2000

At 09:58 AM 9/1/2000 -0400, aardvark said something remarkably like (but
somehow subtly different from):

>however, the current crop of browsers don't have the support for
>even HTML 4.01 (except perhaps Mac/IE5.5, and Netscape 6PR1)
>to the extent that they should, so what reason do you have for
>moving to XHTML?  it certainly doesn't offer the user anything
>special...

I guess my answer is that XHTML is actually more logical and easier to work
with. And as long as that is where the standard is moving, why not get used
to using it? I also find there are times when the lameness of browsers
causes compromises, which in my case includes using the border="0"
attribute on linked images for the college site. So I suppose you couldn't
call me a purist.<g>

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                TANSTAAFL
ahuka at ahuka.com
Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/
Dogs Flew Spaceships! The Aztecs Invented the Vacation!
Our Forefathers Took Drugs! Men and Women are the Same Sex!
Your Brain is Not the Boss! Yes! That's Right!
Everything You Know is Wrong!
      - Firesign Theatre