[thelist] Moving from NT to Unix

Jason Morehead jmorehead at alphalincoln.com
Fri Sep 1 10:48:45 CDT 2000

>      Can anyone suggest some things that they have noticed when do this
>      same thing?  Everything is welcome.  No matter how big or small it may
>      be.  These systems are using Cold Fusion.

i don't know how much you have to worry about filenames and paths...
i'd think that if NT can handle it, apache should be able to as well.
if you're doing any SSI stuff, forms processing, etc., you're going
to want to have PHP on that linux box.

whenever we've switched websites from one platform to another, it's
always things like SSIs that we've run into problems with.  you stick
those little snippets of code in there and forget all about them,
until you look at the site and wonder why it's looking like crap.

jason
--
http://www.alphalincoln.com/
alphagraphics of nebraska - web services