[thelist] Site Critique (elitemotelprop.com) and NS Forms

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Sun Sep 3 01:03:03 CDT 2000

> > I should have added a caveat to my e-mail stating that the client INSISTS
> > upon the flying birds, dancing alligator and music.  <sigh>

not sure where this thread has come from (i certainly can't remember it being
from recent times), but here's a valuable piece of advice:

when a client insists on the ol' flaming piranha (and/or flying birds, dancing
alligators, horrible midis, fluoro pink, etc), ask them if they're designing the
site for themselves, or their visitors.

do toy manufacturers produce toys for themselves, or for the eventual market
(kids)?

similar advice to people looking to buy property (especially as in investment):
in most cases, don't look only for the features YOU want. make a compromise and
look for the features that the person you'll sell it to in x years time will
want (separate dining/living areas - even if *you* end up eating stir-fries on
your knees in front of the tv most nights, etc).

isaac