[thelist] Bulletin board systems

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Mon Sep 4 06:48:19 CDT 2000

At 11:54 AM 9/4/00 +0100, you wrote:

>I've already had a play with UBB which seems alright, but they don't appear
>to offer a re-seller package and they insist on having some real estate on
>each page.

Norman, just as a user, I can tell you that the UBB system seems to be the
best I've seen.  I've little patience with bulletin boards, and most of
them make me so crazed that I won't use them.  Two of the sites I visit
fairly often use UBB and it seems to work flawlessly. (see:
http://www.thefiringline.com/ )  My point is... it might be worth it to
give them footer territory in return for an excellent usability level.

Natch, if you can find a similar one which allows you to totally brand the
site, that would be better!

-Jorah