[thelist] re: bulletin boards

Vladimir Cole vladimir_cole at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 22:30:06 CDT 2000

At 11:54 AM 9/4/00 +0100, you wrote:

> >I've already had a play with UBB which seems
> alright, but they don't appear
> >to offer a re-seller package and they insist on
> having some real estate on
> >each page.

If you know your code (it's perl, ain't it?) you can
completely hack UBB to do whatever you like. In fact,
on UBB's own support bulletin boards, they've got
several topics devoted to code hacking. I haven't
installed and run UBB for more than 8 months, but it
was a trivial matter to customize then. It's a very
solid bulletin board.

Another that comes to mind is fusetalk. It's better at
database support. Get the full license with
sourcecode, and you can build a universal login --
that is, when someone logs into the bulletin board,
they've logged into the entire site. It interfaces
with mysql, access, oracle, etc. Also solid, and a
breeze to set up if you're already running CF.