[thelist] NT Server vs NT SBS

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Sep 5 10:51:53 CDT 2000

NT SBS is not an OS derivative, but a package on top of NT4 sp4... you get
out of the box IIS, SQL Sever 7, Exchange Server 5.5, MS Proxy Server, and a
whole buncha fancified user administration software. There isn't anything
missing, just a ton of stuff canned and ready for you.

The product's intention is to be the kingpin server for a SOHO.

For development, go with just NT and add on what you need; SBS isn't
intended as a development platform (and may be much much more expensive)

( http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/display.asp?subid=22&site=802 )

sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/