[thelist] changing user agent string

Jim Montgomery jimmi at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 6 21:05:04 CDT 2000

For kicks, I'd like to know how to change the user agent string for IE and
NN on both Win9x and Linux. I've found the IE registry key but every time
I change it, reboot, etc it changes back. Does anyone know where
Navigator's is, on either platform, and how to make the change stick?

thanks, Jim

<tip> I just discovered Allaire Homesite (my html editor of choice on
Windows) uses regular expressions. It's so cheap that the time saving
after a day or two worth of work. The only thing competing with it (in my
limited experience) might be Vi... </tip>