[thelist] ecommerce, shopping carts, etc.

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Thu Sep 7 13:21:28 CDT 2000

I'm a database dummy & an ecommerce dummy.  Why?  Because I've never
worked on sites that involved either of these things.

I am hating my job search (it's tough when you don't know how to do
backend stuff and no one wants to train) and I am just about ready to
revitalize my freelance self. (Portland is big enough that I can find
someone to help with backend stuff.)

  But before I go from door to door peddling my services (and that's
exactly what I plan to do...) I want to be prepared for this question:

"So I make these cute little (insert item here) that no one else
makes, and everyone tells me I should sell them on the web.  How do I
do that?"

I am really game to learn how to help people sell unique items
online.  Many will be merchants who already accept credit cards.  Can
I do it?

Do I have the technology?

I know there is shopping cart software out there, but haven't the
faintest idea of how to shop for it.

any helpful hints?

Erika
erika at seastorm.com