[thelist] Help with Red Hat 6.1 root dir space

Nick Koleszar npk at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 19 09:59:34 CDT 2000

At the risk of displaying what a Linux newbie I truly am, I have a few
questions and would be grateful if anyone has any (easy?) answers.

I am currently unable to install any new packages. I get complaints about
lack of space in the root directory.

Also, I sometimes get complaints when I try to use man about lack of space
to format the document.

I think I do have a problem with lack of space in the root directory. How
can I pinpoint whether something has gone wrong, if something is in the
wrong place if I can jettison something which is hogging space.

If I cannot get rid of anything, I have heard about using links to create
more space in root. How do I do this?

TIA

nk

Nick Koleszar